24 November 2015
This week for Ten on Tuesday, Carole asks us to list things that make us feel thankful - but then adds a twist by saying to list things making you thankful right now.
After some thought, here is my list of 10 Things I Am Thankful For Right Now:
1. Thanksgiving itself. It is one of my favorite holidays, and definitely the coziest one, in my opinion. I love making food that I seldom/never make any other time of year. I love watching parades, dog shows, stupid movies, and just existing.
2. Four-day weekends. I'll take it and enjoy every second!
3. Knowing how to read. Every now and then, I'm reminded that there are still plenty of people who have never learned to read, and I cannot imagine my life without reading.
4. NaBloPoMo. Truly! It has made me think more, since a post a day is not the usual for me. And I've enjoyed reading others' daily posts, and finding out that people are reading and commenting on my blog here. It's been fun, if some days challenging. :-)
5. Safety. I take it for granted, but at the same time, I also realize I have a pretty safe existence, and a WHOLE LOT better one than others.
6. Health. I'm doing pretty well, and that makes me happy *and* thankful. Even though I think I might be coming down with a cold, it's OK as long as it's just a cold.
7. Our house. It of course falls into the larger category of thankfulness for shelter, but it is also appropriate here, because it is such a quirky little old row house, on a teeny street in Center City Philadelphia.
8. Laughter. If I didn't have the ability to laugh at myself and/or to be amused, I'm not sure I would find life very interesting or even worthwhile.
9. Solitude. I am for the most part happiest when I am left to my own devices.
10. Train sounds. I think I've said before that I have spent most of my life living someplace where I could hear trains. Train sounds are the comfort food of my ears.
That's it for now. This is one of those lists that are easy, but hard, and could also go on forever. But these are my ten things. Right.Now.
NaBloPoMo Day #24