For Ten on Tuesday this week, Carole wants us to do the following:
10 Sentences That You Think Would Make Great Opening Lines for a Novel
In my head over the years, I have written several novels - all award-winning, and all making me the toast of the literary world. In reality, I have never even tried writing a book, though it is still a fantasy.
Here is my chance to throw out some ideas ("throw out" being the operative term ...)
1. People found it amusing when they found out we had three accordions.
2. I hate people, but at differing levels, which is why some of them are still alive.
3. It was hard to believe that she had a year's worth of stories from prison.
4. Maria found nothing more addicting or as enjoyable as jewelry theft.
6. On my fourth birthday, I became the only survivor of a plane crash.
7. Oh God - it really was "hotter than Billy-be-damned."
8. Sam thought his date was fun, until she started waxing poetic about proctology.
9. She realized with dismay that if she hadn't gotten there by now, it was unlikely she would ever get to visit Saskatchewan.
10. When you wake up in the middle of the street, in the dark, covered in blood and with your glasses broken, you have to wonder how you got there.
Well, that was fun!
Have you written any books with killer opening lines recently? ;-)
Happy NaBloPoMo Day 3!