Hello there on a Sunday!
Well, it's been the first week of NaBloPoMo, and I have managed to post every day. It hasn't been hard to post, what has been hard is *remembering* to post, since I normally don't do it every single day.
The other day, Angel commented on one of my posts. Since she was a new friend to me, I visited her blog and saw a post that was a Q&A. Now if you have read this blog for more than 5 minutes, you know I love these kind of things, so I decided to play along.
Sweater Weather Challenge
1. Favorite Candle Scent: Pine!
2. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate: Yes? Meaning, I like them all, but I'm gonna say TEA, since that is what I drink the most. Nothing better than a good cuppa.
3. What Is the Best Fall Memory You Have? I would have to say when we lived in Notre Dame, Indiana, and would walk from our apartment to the Saturday afternoon football games. Fall colors, cool and sunny days, and people happy with anticipation. (This is saying a lot, since I absolutely hated living in Indiana. These kind of things made it bearable.)
4. Best Fragrance for Fall: Jil Sander No. 4. I got a sample of this a few years ago, and it just reminds me of fall. I made that sample last as long as I could, since I knew I couldn't afford to buy the stuff once it was gone! :-)
5. Favorite Thanksgiving Food: Stuffing, forever and ever amen. I can already smell it in my mind ...
6. Most Worn Sweater: The very first Christmas that The Tim and I were dating, he bought me a sweater with reindeer on it. It's an acrylic bulky sweater, and I not only wore it regularly then, but I still have it and it is my around-the-house sweater. It has been washed and mended so many times, but since it is acrylic, it actually is still in pretty good shape.
7. Football Games or Jumping in Leaves? I'm gonna say football games. Though we have plenty of leaves to rake, you don't want to jump into the pile around here because almost anything can be in there with them ...
8. Favorite Fall Accessory: Knitted cowls. Cozy and something I have made for myself.
9. Favorite Type of Pie: I guess in the fall I would say apple or pumpkin. Though at any time of year, I have never ever met a pie I didn't like.
10. What Is Fall Weather Like Where You Live? Usually, it's cool, sunny, and crisp, with the occasional dreary day when you like to be cozy inside. So far this year it's been stupidly warm and I hate it. Today, it actually feels like a fall day for a change, so YAY!
11. Favorite Fall Makeup Trend: Berry lipsticks.
12. What Song Really Gets You in the Fall Spirit? I have no clue. Though I guess whenever I hear "Try To Remember" from "The Fantasticks" I think of fall.
13. Pumpkin Spice - Worth the Hype? I love pumpkin, and I love pumpkin scents in candles, etc. But I don't think every single thing in the world should be pumpkin flavored or scented. That's stupid if you ask me.
14. Favorite Fall TV Show: "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"
15. Favorite Fall New TV Show: I would have to say "The Grinder." It is stupidly ridiculous, and makes me laugh every time.
16. Skinny Jeans or Leggings? I like leggings, because they are generally very comfortable and cover a multitude of sins on my legs with dresses.
17. Combat Boots or Uggs? I have a pair of Uggs that I got for $25.00 a few years back that are my inside shoes/slippers in cold weather. Plus, they are "pine green" and that makes me happy.
18. Halloween: Yay or Nay? Are you kidding me? YAY to the nth degree.
19. Fall Mornings or Fall Evenings? Do I have to choose? OK, I'm gonna say mornings, since you can see the leaves then.
20. Feelings About Black Friday: I think Black Friday is fun if you go out early in the day to have fun and get home by or before lunch time. And I am fortunate because I get an extra day off work (poor The Tim, it starts his busiest time of year). I think Black Friday as most people seem to see it is disgraceful.
21. Favorite Fall Traditions: Decorating for fall holidays, hot apple cider, baking gingerbread muffins.
22. Any New Traditions to Start? Not so far, but you never know.
23. Favorite Alcoholic Beverage for Fall: Hot apple cider.
24. When Should the Holiday Season Start? Well, the holiday season starts for me with Halloween, but I'm guessing this refers to Christmastime. Which starts on December 1, period.
25. Who Do You Love to Spend the Fall With? Family, both human and otherwise. Fall starts the cozy time of year to me, and they are the ones I most want to be cozy with.
That was fun! Feel free to give it a try, and see what your answers turn out to be.
That's it for NaBloPoMo Day #7. Hope yours is a good one.